Accounts Receivable and Payroll Administrator in Langley, British Columbia, Canada with West Bay Forest Products Ltd
West Bay Forest Products Ltd. located in Langley, BC is currently looking for a full-time Accounts Receivable and Payroll Administrator to join our Accounting Department. The position will be reporting directly to the company controller.
Highlights of qualifications:
• Previous Accounts Receivable and Payroll experience
• Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Logical and good with numbers and data details
Accounts Receivable Clerk Job Duties:
• Handles full cycle of Accounts Receivable for both Canadian and USA companies;
• Generates invoices using Lisa Lumber system and MS Excel;
• Processes invoices into MS Dynamic accounting software;
• Sets up new customer accounts in both Lisa and Great Plains;
• Conducts credit check on new customers;
• Obtains credit insurance coverage on new customer accounts and applies for increasing credit insurance limit coverage for existing customer accounts if needed (for big sales orders);
• Reviews A/R aging report;
• Downloads payment cheques from Lockbox;
• Makes cash deposits to the bank;
• Processes cash receipts and bank deposits into MS Dynamic Great Plains;
• Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales;
• Tracks and maintains petty cash accounts for both Canadian and US companies.
Payroll Administrator Job Duties:
• Processes payroll for Canadian and US Companies
• Verifies employee hours from time-tracking system and other payroll information;
• Processes and reviews payroll information through third-party online payroll systems (ADP online/ Payworks);
• Coordinates and cross-checks eligibility with Controller on all benefit accounts and confirms that corresponding deductions are accurate;
• Maintains all benefit premium payments accurately and keeps company accounts with third-party providers up-to-date;
• Verifies year-end tax forms including T4s, W2s and all other regulatory reporting;
• Assists Corporate Controller in the preparation of year-end audit working papers and any payroll audit inquiries;
• Maintains reconciliations for all payroll liability accounts with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) payroll accounts, Department of Revenue WA State, WA State Department of L&I, Workers’ Compensation, and any associated benefits accounts;
• Coordinates with the Corporate Controller to ensure cash flow funding for each payroll is available in the applicable country and bank account;
• Calculates and posts journal entries for payroll and employee benefit plans for each pay-period, and month-end accruals as needed in Great Plains
• Primary contact for the company’s payroll and WCB accounts and inquiries from staff.
A1 Truss (2002) Ltd, Surrey, BC requires a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer for their wood working unit located at #4, 10619, Timber land Rd, Surrey, BC, V3V 3T3.
No of position: 1 (Fulltime and permanent)
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or in a related engineering discipline
Experience: 2-3 years experience
Language: English (oral and written)
• Supervise and inspect the installation, modification of mechanical systems at wood working unit
• Develop maintenance standards, schedules and program and provide guidance to maintenance crew
• Investigate mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems and resolve the same.
Canadian citizen / Permanent resident preferred.
LP Building Products is a leading global manufacturer of engineered wood products. At LP, creating new solutions for building is who we are. Since we pioneered our first engineered wood product, we’ve been continually creating better products to fit the changing needs of the building industry.
LP’s values-driven, positive culture creates an environment where talented and hardworking people thrive in a safe, ethical, fun, challenging and rewarding place to work. For more than 40 years, we’ve developed careers and provided advancement opportunities in the building products industry.
The National GIS Manager provides leadership within the Forest Management structure and is responsible to manage development, provide support, and oversee maintenance of forestry business and GIS applications to ensure alignment with Corporate and Business goals. Working closely with IT managers, the National GIS Manager is responsible to further the integration of forestry systems within the corporate IT structure and as a member of the IT Center of Excellence (CoE) the National GIS Manager is a champion of the forestry use of the corporate ERP system.
- Develop and adapt long and mid-term strategic goals and manage their conversion to operation plans within approved budgets.
- Manage the development, implementation, and use of integrated software solutions for forestry and business management within corporate policies and procedures and provincial forest acts and regulations across Canada.
- Provide Forestry Business leadership for the implementation and integration of the forestry information systems with SAP.
- Manage multi-discipline project teams, negotiate and manage both support and development contracts and contractors.
- Be the Canadian Forestry member of the CoE and the Subject Matter Expert for Canadian Logs.
- Develop and implement policies and standards for operations and security of business systems within Canadian forestry. Monitor compliance and work in conjunction with LP Corporate security and Internal Audit staff.
- In conjunction with the LP IT Edge Applications Manager, manage the Forestry and IT team developing and supporting Canadian forestry business solutions.
- Lead both geographic and database analysis and design across the region. Provide support and direction to divisional, regional and site GIS staff and system users.
- Lead training and development of users and divisional business staff in close consultation with managers and jointly with the Forestry COE Analyst.
- Coordinate with regional staff to assess system utilization and assist in workflow development.
- Provide leadership for the GIS User Group to advance GIS use and evaluate emerging and current technology.
- Company representative to local, regional and national GIS user group training and education
- Assist in the supervision of site GIS staff training and performance management.
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to develop strategic objectives and communications in alignment with the Corporate, Business, & IT strategy.
- Experience with implementing business systems, reporting tools and applying technology to solve business problems.
- Thorough knowledge of integrated business solutions, relational databases, and geographic system design and development.
- Knowledge of provincial forest practices, contract and accounting needs.
- Knowledge of distributed network software administration.
- Demonstrated application development skills.
- Knowledge of current supervisory and management techniques.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to work well with a variety of internal and external groups.
- Strong time management skills, as well as the ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in GIS, integrated forestry systems, or computer/database administration in positions of increasing leadership responsibility.
- Experience with Trimble/Cengea Forestry, SAP, or other Forestry and Business ERP systems desired.
- Or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
- Position to be located at any of our Canadian facilities
- Office and location environment.
- Travel required to all facilities
- Flexible work schedule may be required to work with contractors or to implement enhancements when system usage is minimized
Canadian Bavarian Millwork and Lumber is a growing company that has built a reputation for quality and service during its 30 years in business. Located in Chemainus, BC, the company specializes in high-end custom millwork, manufactured lumber and architectural products. Canadian Bavarian is FSC certified, a reflection of its commitment to environmental and community values.
To support its next period of growth, Canadian Bavarian is seeking a motivated, results-driven individual to strengthen our production team.GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Tailing various machines requiring back end lumber grading,
- Pulling material off the greenchain.
- General labour as required.
- Keep tallies and grade finished material
- Sort and grade lumber
- Stock inventory from sorted material
- Dependable and timely
- Prior experience in the lumber industry and lumber grading skills a plus
- Grading and fork lift tickets are an asset
- Strong work ethics,
- Quality oriented,
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work under tight time constrains
- Chemainus, B.C.
Vibrant City, Vibrant Career
St. John's is a vibrant city with a strong connection to the past and a positive outlook on the future. As one of the oldest cities in North America we have a unique history, but we are also a growing city with the needs and opportunities of a modern urban population. The City of St. John's is committed to recruiting world-class talent and expertise to join our City staff, more than 1200 strong, who provide a vast array of services to the residents of St. John's and the metropolitan area. If you are an innovative thinker with a positive attitude and a commitment to quality, we want you to help us make St. John's a city where people want to live, work and play.
This position will carry out a program designed to enhance the appearance of the City and further the welfare of the residents by the planting, maintenance, protection and preservation of public trees, including the establishment and implementation of the master tree plan and the specifications as prescribed by the Department of Public Works known as the Urban Forest Program and enforce the "St. John's Tree Regulations". This shall include the provision of on-site direction of Arboricultural personnel through assignment and reassignment of duties as necessary, in consultation with Parks Forepersons; training and advising personnel in all aspects of the Arboricultural trade; other related duties as required.
The Municipal Arborist shall advise the Department in the implementation and enforcement of the provisions of the Tree By-Law regulations. Attempt to preserve rather than remove diseased, infected, or injured trees wherever this is possible and expedient, and to preserve the aesthetics and environmental functions of public lands and lands adjoining public lands. Recommend to Council for its approval, with the advice and assistance of the Tree Committee, a tree program, including a master tree plan and specifications, having regard to the needs of the residents of the City for safety, the presentation of aesthetic values, noise and pollution control, recreation and protection of wildlife, water and soil. Consider existing and future structures, utilities, and environmental factors when recommending a species for any public land, and generally when carrying out his or her duties pursuant to this Regulation, and may designate species as suitable or unsuitable on the basis of these conditions. Issue permits as provided in this Regulation. Supervise or inspect, or shall delegate persons who shall supervise or inspect, all work done under any permit issued pursuant to this Regulation. Designate individual trees or groups of trees as outstanding trees on the basis of species, age, size, historic importance or any combination of these factors. With the owner's consent, the Arborist may identify such trees by a plaque or other suitable method and should make every effort to provide them with full care and protection. Determine the monetary value of any tree according to the current Shade Tree Evaluation Procedure of the International Society of Arboriculture for any purpose of this Regulation, or where another evaluation is more suited to local needs by that formula. Supervise the carrying out of any agreement made pursuant to Section 5 of the St. John's Tree Regulations. Ensure that all public trees are maintained and all work is done in accordance with the provisions of the St. John's Tree Regulations and the tree program, and in a manner which will encourage the development and retention of a healthy, attractive and safe place for public trees. Review and comment on, prior to final approval, all permits, plans and programs for sewers, lighting, water supply and other utilities, paving, subdivision of land, and any other permits, plans or programs that may result in injury to or removal of trees.
The Arborist and the officers and employees of other Municipal departments, boards, or agencies including the authorities responsible for public works, planning, roads and transportation, street lighting and parks shall cooperate in planning for the present and future amenities of the City when the activities of such authorities may affect public trees.
With the consent, in writing, of Council, the Arborist may delegate in writing any of his/her power or duties under this Regulation to any officer or employee or any class thereof in the Department.
The Arborist may inspect any construction, demolition, excavation or grading site for which there is any term or condition in a subdivision agreement or building permit relating to trees. The Arborist shall report violations of the agreement or permit to the Director of Building & Property Management and the Tree Committee.
The successful applicant will be required to participate in all training programs applicable to this position and other related work. The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Education: Graduation from High School supplemented by the successful completion of A College Degree, or its equivalent, in Arboriculture, Ornamental or Landscape Horticulture, or another closely related field.
Experience: Five (5) years' experience in the Urban Forestry field and be trained and skilled in the theory and practice of Municipal Arboriculture.
Other: Must hold a Pesticide Applicator's License, valid from the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador. Must hold a valid Class 5 Driver's License and provide his/her own vehicle.
Bargaining Unit Statement:
Applicants must be members of the Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 1289, or should be prepared to join the Union immediately upon appointment.
Hours of Work
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm ( 40 hours per week)
Equal Opportunity Statement
This City of St. John's is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the
employment of a qualified workforce which reflects the community's diversity.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. The City of St. John's does not accept applications in person, by email, fax or mail. Applications will be received up to 12:00 Midnight (Newfoundland Standard Time) on closing date.
Canadian Forest Resources Ltd is hiring a full-time Forestry Supervisor in Hanwell, New Brunswick to start ASAP.
5 years or more
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
Operate GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment
Train or arrange for training; Prepare and submit reports; Oversee safety of operations; Establish work schedules; Ensure adherence to government regulations; Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule (and possibly review) activities of workers
Security and Safety
Driver's validity licence check
Work Site Environment
Willing to travel; Valid driver's licence; Travel expenses paid by employer
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Attention to detail; Tight deadlines
Ability to Supervise
Staff in various areas of responsibility; 11-15 people
Work Location Information
Staff accommodation available; Remote location
Day, Weekend, Overtime
Wood Processing Optimization Expert in Alberta or British Columbia, British Columbia, Canada with Goldbeck Recruiting Inc
Recruiter: Kevin Leh Profile
Our client is an established Canadian company supplying sawmill automation products and solutions to clients around the globe. We are seeking for a Wood Processing Optimization Specialist based out of Western Canada. This person will analyze, test and calibrate installed optimization systems in sawmills and planer mills and function as the regional expert in optimization systems. The candidate will use their high level lumber grading expertise to guide the technical expertise towards final calibration and customer approval and acceptance. The position will also provide ongoing trouble shooting, recalibration and other consulting expertise in the area of optimized lumber processing. The position will service clients in Western Canada and the USA. The ideal candidate will be based in BC/Alberta and will hold a valid passport to easily travel to and from Canada and the USA.