Commencing January 1, 2004, we are proud to announce that N.S.F.T.A. will offer a $1000 scholarship to a qualifying Nova Scotian student accepting enrollment in a recognized forest technician/technologist school program.
Purpose of Awards
The purpose of any awards sponsored by the N.S.F.T.A. is to:
- Encourage good forestry practices relating to environmental impact, wildlife habitat and sustained forest yield.
- To financially assist students in achieving a forest technology education.
- The N.S.F.T.A. is committed to the fostering of good forestry practices in Nova Scotia.
Title of Award
N.S.F.T.A. Forest Technician/Technologist Scholarship
- Applicant must be a Canadian citizen and resident of Nova Scotia.
- Applicant must show some forestry background/experience.
- Applicant must show proof of enrollment in an approved Forest Technician/Technologist School Program.
- Applicant’s for the scholarship must be in their second year.
- Two letters of reference from members of the NSFTA, past employers, teachers, and/or instructors must accompany applications.
- Preference will be given to qualifying applicants who are active in community volunteer work.
- Applications must be made in writing to the President of the N.S.F.T.A.
Method of Disbursement
- One $1000 scholarship available to be awarded annually.
- Scholarship is to be disbursed directly to the recipient's institution to be applied to the costs of his/her education.
- Recipient shall be responsible for any applicable taxes that may apply.
Application Request Periods
September 1st through December 31st of each year.
Applications must be received by the President by December 31st.
Month of March at the N.S.F.T.A. annual meeting.
Approved Forest Technician/Technologist Institution
Any Forest Technician/Technologist School recognized by the N.S.F.T.A.
For Scholarship documents, email firstname.lastname@example.org